Occupy Art Basel / Take Back The Land - Part 2

Ok, so I called up my buddy Chris to go with me (she is a promoter, and I knew we would have a good time) so my plan was to go down to the Event with my picket signs and give them out... Simple enough, right? So when we got there, the 1st woman we met gave us a tour of the shanty house that was a replica of the real shanty houses that these people used for housing, Her name is Miss Ophelia, and had just an amazingly kind vibe and it was easy to see what a big heart she has... The next woman we talked to was Olga. She and her partner Andrea are the artists who built the replica shanty house as part of their project, 'Feel the Power". Olga was the one who ask me if I wanted to speak about my Greed Kills project. At first, I said no, I didn't want to speak in front of the crowd, but after going back & forth with Chris, She helped me realize that I was letting my fear overshadow my intention & purpose for being there, so I decided to speak. I am not a fan of public speaking, and was very nervous as I'm quite sure that was apparent, however more importantly, I believe in my work. I believe in my project, and I believe that people want to know that there are other people in the community just as outraged as they are & are willing to take risks for their vision. So I spent a few minutes speaking about how it was no coincidence that I was there, and to discuss my Greed Kill Project & my vision. I Gave out all of the "No Evil" guys I made, and afterward, spoke with a few people about there street art adventures & a few artist asked me to collaborate with them. So it ended up being amazing night that I knew would happen... After all, I am a Creative, Passionate, Powerful woman on a mission!
Big ups to Chris for coming along with me, I knew the minute you said you'd hang out, that Miami was defiantly in for it...






Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment