Occupy Art Basel / Take Back The Land - Part 1

So yesterday (Thursday, Dec 1st) I was looking thru my twitter feed when I came across this event that Occupy Miami was teaming up with the folks at Art Basel, dubbing it "Occupy Art Basel". The event was located at 21st St & Collins Ave, and they together were teaming up with a local chapter of the National Movement called "Take Back The Land". I immediately got a surge of energy and knew I had to be apart of this! I was so flooded with ideas on how to contribute artwork to them while also merging my "Greed Kills" project with them, that I was literally vibrating in my chair and could not focus on work...
So I came up with the idea of making picket signs using my "Hear No Evil" See No Evil" Speak No Evil" characters as the actual signs. The event was from 6-10pm but there was no way that I was going to sit on this til I got off work at 5...that would be straight up torture.... So I used my charm to enroll my boss into letting me leave work a few hours early to get started on the project :)


So I headed to the art supply store, to staples to make prints and home to get started... Here are a few photo's showing the steps... And will blog about the actual event with photos of the night....stay tuned













Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment