Ganesh Prints

So I affectionately call our apartment 'The Paint Factory' on those days when I'm in the zone and am getting things done... Well, last Friday was one of those days that 'The Paint Factory' was in full swing! I had the day off of work (yay me) and I knew from my first sip of coffee, that serious creativity was about to go down... Now, I already put myself on a tight schedule for The Delray Affair (which again, is April 13-15th) where I am doing at least 2 new canvas paintings a week, which I have and am continuing to achieve, but I also decided to do some smaller pieces, at a lower price point, to cater to everyone that will be walking past my tent.
I have a series of Buddha Screen Prints that I did for Flow Fest a few months ago, that I really loved and wanted to expand on. The new addition to that screen print series  is Ganesh or Ganesha. I'm told he has lots of meanings, but the one that stands out to the most to me is that he is 'The Remover of Obstacles'. I love that and find that I want to have one prominently displayed in our home.


Photo #1 in progress -
Painting the backgrounds


Photo #2 in progress -
Screen printed on canvas sheets,
hanging on the line drying.
Sidenote: Emiliana loves coming home to the
apartment when it looks like this :)




Photo #3  (2) of the final pieces -
"Ganesh" 11"x14" Acrylic on Canvas 


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment